Thursday, May 26, 2011

365 Days Later & A Few More Girlfriends

Girls, I am so terrible for allowing an entire year to go by with not one post. Shame on me. Ebb and flow is the story of my life, though. When I'm hot, I AM HOT. When I'm not it's because I lost interest, or was all consumed in other things. happens to single moms, so please, give your single mom friends a break, okay? They don't have a man around to do 50% of the work around the house.

I just re-read the APR 2010 post and can't believe I wrote that. Coming out of a horrible horrible job back then, I obviously had an epiphany about treasuring relationships. In high school I had a job, and kept that job for 20 years. It had it's good and it's bad. The good part is all I will talk about and am thankful for those women who are back in my life after a 10 year hiatus. I needed that reunion very much. It felt like I was home again after being away for a long time. That same feeling came to me when I went to New Life Church with Susan last year. The feeling was, I belong here. :)

Anyway, since last year... oh my gosh....new job, lots of new friends, and way less money. Oh well. My Mary Kay income keeps me alive and in this economy, ladies....get a home business and pick a product women want. It is true, women will not go without makeup. When the light bill comes, and you're thinking...in utter disgust...$400? Just then God brings you a blessing. Cleanser, moisturizer and oh, I'll take that microdermabrasion set too. Cha ching. Every penny goes right to PSE. A necessary evil since I am no longer a woodcutter. But FTR, my dad taught us how to chop wood, so it's not that I can't.

Had some ups and downs the past year, but mostly downs. Car broke down, kids moved back home, etc. The storm has almost past and only a few more hurdles to go. My faith in God keeps me going, so I pray 24/7 and listen to podcasts while I work. Listening to ministries prevents me from being cynical. but I could be mistaking cynicism for menopause. I highly recommend listening to Wayne Taylor podcasts. He is the most wonderful man on the planet. I absolutely love his voice, his sense of humor, but mostly, the obvious love he exudes. If I were to place a voice to Jesus Christ, it would be Wayne Taylor.

So 365 days later, I cleansed my friends list. It's important for us to realize when people drain the energy from us. Like a vampire sucks the blood from his victim to survive, so do certain people do that to us. As Dr. Laura says, you have caller ID. USE IT, and I did. It's simply not healthy to waste your time on self-centered people. Your time is yours and you have important things to do. It's sad to lose them as friends, I rather liked them all, but I am not a trained psychiatrist, so I guess you could say I did them a favor as I am not qualified to advise the psychosis of others, and therefore was wasting their time as well. WINNER!

One gal has a serious case of PTSS. lol...it's not funny, I know, but dang...her facebook profile picture is a black square to reflect ...what? I'm dead to you? lol...so melodramatic. It's all about ME. Give me a break. You see what I mean? They don't call you to talk about the weather, the mall, Dr. Oz, although that may come up, the real topic is HER.
Another friend would call everyday and chat for hours about HER daily routine. How mundane, and droll, and selfish this all was to me. yet I sat there and listened, putting my life on hold. Knowing the financial stress I was enduring at the time, she continued to talk about her LeMer products, her Misook tops, and HER moissanite martini diamond stud earrings, her her her. Caller ID on. Another friend was just a jealous, conniving, backstabber. Here's where we need to either be blunt, or walk away. What do you do? I walked away and never looked back. Thanks for the decades of memories and I pray your hearts are filled with the Holy Spirit....one day soon.

On to healthy friendships and being in control of my own time. I was telling my dear friend Susan, I am not wired to destroy others. It is not in me to set out to intentionally hurt another person. It's scary and sad that so many people are.. .why? Do we need to know? My brother works with a woman who has Histrionic Personality Disorder. Good grief, wikipedia that. I bet you know 10 people with that. lol.

Girls, lets go have margaritas, clang our glasses, eat appetizers, laugh out loud, and thank God for our healthy friendships.

Peace be with you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment